Shorter University - CIS1200 - Fall2012

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cornell Note Taking System and S-RUN-R

From http://tlcommunityunitec.ning.com/notes/Workshop%3A_Facilitation_for_New(ish)_Teachers
This week I learned about the Cornell Note Taking System and more about the S-RUN-R reading/study system. I had previously heard of S-RUN-R aka

Survey
Read
Understand
Note taking
Review

I had never heard of the Cornell Note Taking System, so it was a new concept for me. In order to complete the Cornell Note Taking assignment over the New York Times article on plagiarism, I used an Internet search to find more examples. Here are the helpful links I used to better understand the Cornell system:

Bucks County Community College example

Personally, I think the Cornell Note Taking System would work best for notebook paper (although I could be biased and old-fashioned because I'd rather write than type). Working with tables in Word can be a little tricky at times. But, overall, I think it's a good way to organize notes and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment