Shorter University - CIS1200 - Fall2012

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Onto Time Management Skills

Here during Week 4 we are discussing Time Management Skills.

It's interesting that we've moved to that this week, after my time management skills were challenged over the Labor Day Weekend during Week 3.

I feel some explanation is in order. My husband is a 3rd year medical student, whose awesome time management skills I certainly can learn from. He only has major holidays, one being Labor Day, off. So we planned to drive back to our hometown, which takes about 3 hours. Previous to starting the Shorter Online Program, me and my mother-in-law had planned to give a relative a baby shower on that Monday, September 3rd, Labor Day. However, being as we don't visit often, other relatives also wanted us to go to church with them, have a home-cooked lunch with them, and visit a restaurant for dinner on Sunday. And that was fine. But I also wanted to visit The Decatur Book Festival, another an hour and thirty minutes away from our hometown, to see some of my favorite authors that Saturday.

Author Meg Cabot speaking 09.01.12

It was looking like a very packed weekend. On top of the fact that I still had assignments in our CIS1200 to do and very difficult Chemistry chapters to study in NAS1510.

Although, I was very distracted and my motivation was low because there were so many other things I wanted to do, I am proud to write that I did study a little each night. I knew if I put off doing anything until Tuesday and Wednesday, I would be very stressed out during those days, because I would have to make up for the free time by working non-stop. But everything turned out well.

So, I guess, I realize that another disadvantage of online classes is the fact that there are no true days off, except for breaks in-between the semesters.

From the baby shower I helped host
I'm hoping to learn more about how to better manage my time this week, because I know I will have to balance my time in the future when we visit for Thanksgiving and when our relative's baby is born.

Since I already have a plan of action for typical weekdays, it seems like I need to come up with a strategy for weekends that I'll be away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment